Thursday, January 7, 2016

A New Year and Saying Goodbye To Christmas

February 28, 2016


Mauri,

So the plan was that I fly today to Tabiteuea but that got changed and it know looks like I will go on Friday. I'm not to sure of what the Lord wants me to do here, but I hope to find out soon. Mostly this week I showed the new missionaries to the area around. I've really come to love Bikenibeu 2nd. Sorry another week with not much to write about. Just know I'm loving the work out here. 

Love you all.

-Elder S. Johnson


February 21, 2016 


Mauri,

This weeks been all over the place. We have gone to a lot of fairwell parties with my comp, because he is finishing his time in 4 days. The highlight of my week was going to the broadcasting of the Fiji Suva Temple dedication. We watched the broadcast at Moroni High School, a place that is noisy 24/7. As we walked through the gate though there was something different; it felt as though the school itself became Temple grounds. There was a great peace there and all were reverent and quiet. Presiding in the session was President Eyring. He gave a wonderful talk with many others. one thing that i realized was that I had not been to the temple in over a year. It has been something that I wanted to do for a long time, but then a second thought came, a reminder from the spirit. "When you get home, you can go any time. They may only have one chance in there lives." I then realized how blessed I was. The church pays the first time to the temple, but that's it. For some that may be the only time in their life that they can go to the House of the Lord. For all those back home that are having trouble finding time to get to the Temple just remember that there is a missionary and many others on the islands of the sea that would give anything to have multiple temples in driving distance from their houses. I love you all and wish you a great week. The 29th I should
get out to my area so pray hard. 

Love you all.

-Elder S. Johnson

February 7, 2016


Mauri Friends and Family,
No I am not yet on Tabiteuea. The next fight that we can get is on the 29th of this month. So keep me in your prays that the Lord will
provide a way to get me out there. In the meantime I've been working with Zone leaders. Let's just say Zone Leader position is crazy! ...driving everywhere all the time getting needs, helping missionaries, talking to outies, going to district meeting, and if we are lucky teaching lessons.

One of the Greatest and saddest moments of this week (and probably my mission) was meeting with Abara and Atinta. I don't know if anyone remembers me writing about them, but they where are investigators in Aranuka, my first area. Abara was paralyzed and couldn't move his legs and arms. He knew the Church was true but because he couldn't walk he was scared to be baptized. When I was at the hospital I got word that Abara and Atinta where in a ward there at the hospital. I was overjoyed to see them again!
My companion and I went that way to see them. When we got to the room 4 missionaries and 2 nurses stood outside the room. He had passed away 20 minutes previous to my arrival. Atinta was calling the island council asking them to let their kids know. When she got of the phone I talked to her for a bit. Even though her husband had just passed she was happy to see me. What she said to me I will never forget. "At least he was Baptized. I know where he is and that he is all right." Abara and Atinta were baptized 2 months from that day, almost a year after they started taking lessons. I'm so glad to see her faith that she knows the truth and she knows that she knows it. 

I love this church and the gift it give to others to know the plan of happiness and to know that families are together forever. 

I hope you all have a great week in your many corners of the world. Love you all.


-Elder S. Johnson


January 24, 2016

Just had time to send a couple of pictures. 

Me doing some service


Damage after a big wind storm



January 17, 2016 


Sorry for not writing last week, I blanked on that. For those who
are wondering, no I have not yet left for Tabiteuea, but I will leave
this Wednesday. I'm Emailing late this week because we went fishing with our Mission President. 



I caught 2 large sweet lips and a huge Parrot Fish.  I'm glad that I got some good fishing in my last week before I leave.
I have been on Christmas now 7 months making this my longest served area. I have really come to love London and the branch here. This last weeks we have been blessed like crazy. We have 6 baptisms in 3 weeks (2 of which we started lessons with only 2 weeks ago). We had 6 new investigators, and had many other blessings come. 


One of our new investigators is named Teriberoo. she is the younger sister on Kabwebwea. She did not want lessons so to tease her. I would ask, "When are you going to get baptised?" Just so I could she her give her an angry look. Last Sunday out of nowhere, as we were sitting waiting for Kabwebwea, she walks in and announces, "I want lessons." After her lesson we asked her to pray. She gave one of the most amazing prays I have heard. She pleaded that her mother's heart would be changed and that she would give her permission to be baptized. She has had lessons all this week and is now sharing her testimony along with ours at the end of each lesson. 

I am definitely going to miss all the members and converts here on Christmas, but I now look forward to the time that I have to go work in Tabiteuea. I know the Lord has a work for me to do in Tabiteuea and I will put my all into it. 

I love you all and wish the best to you.

-Elder Johnson


January 3, 2016 

Mauri,
First off this week was great! London is doing great and I'm loving it here. Transfers came up and I'm going to an outer island named
Tabiteuea.



I'm Excited to go but I'm sad to leave also. Baptized Nei
Tireta this week she was so happy. Her mom and dad didn't come but a large group from the branch including her sister came to support her. This week we will have 1-2 more baptisms. Those being Kabwebwea and Tawita. and the week after we will have 3 more. London's the Bomb! 




Christmas Island Branch

So on the 31st we went to district meeting. When we came home we found the door wide open and the lock broken. Out of all of my valuables my Speaker was stolen and my 32GB flash drive that had all my pictures from my whole mission. Needless to say I was angry the flash drive was stolen but I gave a prayer of thanks that my camera that was sitting out in the open wasn't stolen. I said a prayer of thanks that my camera wasn't stolen and prayed that I might (by the very unlikely chance) get my Flash drive back.
Afterwards my companion and I went to the store next door and asked them if they saw anything. They gave the name of someone they saw go behind our house and come out of our house. We then when and reported the police and the District leader. When the door was fixed by the landlord, we went out and worked. Little did we know that the store next door sent the word around to keep an eye out for this kid they saw go in our house the day my things were stolen. The kid then heard that the police were looking for him and he ditched the Flash near a member's house where it was found and returned back to me on the same day it was stolen. I thanked God so much for the return of my Flash Drive. The thief was then caught the next day. I was so glad that I got that Flash Drive back I was also glad to have a chance to be tried. It was a little more of a trial than I wanted, but it was God's choice and I was glad for the Blessing he gave me afterward. 
Well that's all for now. 
Love you all and wish you a great week.

-Elder S. Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment