Thursday, January 7, 2016

Spring from Tarawa to Christmas Island

June 28, 2015

Mauri Everyone,

Internet is really slow today so this will be fast (sorry).  Christmas is awesome! We get cargo from America and the work is really good. My companion is Elder Buhler. he's from Springville. Yes we have senior couples rumor is that they will be leaving soon. There are no wards but there are 4 branches. We are working in London. Lots of strong Young Single Adult members out here. Kiribati is an independent county. It gained independence about 60 years ago from Australia. Christmas Island is closer to the US so it gets American aid. 



June 14, 2015 

I'm going to Christmas Island!


June 7, 2015

Mauri Everyone,

So I just finished recent convert lessons with a 16 year old girl named Katia. At the time of the last lesson she was in Mormon 7 and reading in "Preparing to Enter the Holy Temple." along with that she has not missed a week of Sacrament since she has been baptized. I rarely see her without a smile and she has a strong Testimony on faith, the Book of Mormon and fasting 3 months ago if you had told me that she would be this far I would have called you crazy. Our first four lessons with her where us talking and
asking questions and her shrugging and looking down. The only word I heard her say in that time was her name. I asked myself when was it that I saw the change in her? The answer that came was "when we challenged her to find out for herself." It wasn't until she put our words to the test, and started reading the Gospel pamphlets first (because there were no Books of Mormons on Kiribati) and then reading the Book of Mormon and praying for the answer, that she started to feel The Spirit and the joy it brings.
Sometimes on the mission I get sad when investigators don't progress. but in the end we need to remember that only through the exercising of faith can people be converted. In the end it's up to them. The greatest investigators are the ones that have the faith to dive head first into the Gospel and find out through experience it's true.

Well I love all of you serving around the world and all of you at home!

-Elder Scott Johnson



No comments:

Post a Comment