Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Third and Fourth Week in Aranuka Brings Blessings

September 28, 2014

Mauri,

This week has been amazing! My companion and I had set a goal to reach 20 lessons (It's hasn't ever happened in my companions time on his Mission). After setting that goal we prayed and asked God to help us with our goal. We got to the end of the week and we were short two lessons. We offered another pray and that day two more lessons then we had planned came up. We ended up missing our goal by one but we have two investigators who seem censer.

We finally contacted one of the daughter of the Catholic family I had talked about. She is a golden investigator she does the commitments that we ask her to do, and she reads the Book of Mormon. Our last lesson with her though, a man came and tried to bible bash us. He made up scriptures and interrupted us every time we tried to talk to the girl. At church she told us what happened after we left. The man confronted her mom and said, "Do you want your daughter to be a Mormon!?" Her mom responded, "Yes, and I will be one too." We haven't even taught her and she knows it's true.

The Lord is with us, I know it for a fact. I love this Church. I know Jesus Christ is the head of our Church and that there is a Prophet today. I know that there is a life after this and that God wants all of his children to return to him.

-Elder Scott G. Johnson





 Monday we went to the Mangroves.  I'm on a branch. It was like stepping into a rainforest

September 22, 2014
Mauri,

Let me give a big welcome from Aranuka. The internet was down yesterday so I'm emailing out today. This has been a good week. Elder Davis and I had the opportunity to baptize 2 of God's children, Mwanwara and Ngatoro. The spirit was present at the baptism and it was a great time. I love it here in Aranuka. The work here was really slow at first but it is starting to spread like a wild fire. Davis and I are doing all we can and we are being blessed for it.


Mwanwara and Ngatoro before their Baptism


It's funny, The Lord has a since of humor sending me out here. I love the news. Reading about what's going on in the world was one of my favorite things to do before the mission. Now I hear nothing or "way out there" news. For example; there is man here that told me ICEIS, the terrorist cell, has invaded Australia and enslaved the country. That wound defiantly be news if it's happened.

A few days ago I was riding my bike and the chain came off. I ended up falling off my bike. I'm fine, but I had my camera that was in my pocket got smashed. I will send it home. It bugs me. I've never broken expensive stuff until now. If I had bought a protective case before I left, things would have been different. 

It is very sad to hear about Brother Byrne. (From my home ward) He was one of the first role model I had in Spanish Fork. He was an amazing leader and an even better friend to all of us. I will miss him. But I feel that this wasn't before his time. The Lord kept him going so he could see EVERYONE of his first deacons get their mission calls. I love everyone back at home. Please give them my best. 

Sincerely,


Elder Scott G. Johnson







No comments:

Post a Comment