Thursday, February 19, 2015

History in Tarawa



February 8, 2015

As far as transfers go. they announced I would be transferred. I'm going to Teimaiku. that is the area in Tarawa that has the "International Airport." I will work with a Fijian Elder that everyone says is the most loving and humble guy, so in excited! 

My MTC companion is in my zone and yesterday we went on splits in Batio (his area). The last time we taught a lesson he and I were in the MTC. At that time neither of us could speak. We sat in one lesson quite for 10 minutes once then we closed it prayer because opening and closing was all we knew. This time we taught a 45 minute lesson on Word of Wisdom and God's commandments.




We went to a lot of his investigator houses but they where either not home, busy, or drunk (and a rare few all three at once). Batio is cool. All over are relics of the war. old bunkers are used as pig stables, 

boats from the war are stuck rusting in the shallow waters (we hope to go look at thoughts today) of Red beach, which we visited yesterday. I will send pictures of the stable and Red Beach.




How's the family doing? Love you tons!
Love,
Elder Scott Johnson

Feb. 1, 2015

Everything is good here. We went sight seeing in Batio. I saw the guns and bunker there and the Kiribati MTC (marine training center). Transfers came through. I'm going to the east side of Tarawa sadly. I've heard it really really nice but I wanted to go outie. I feel that where I can work best. I know the culture and I live it out here. It's a lot like America here; food, culture and people wise.


Elder Scott G. Johnson











       Our House on Tarawa    

No comments:

Post a Comment